Royal Trek in the backdrop of the Annapurna region provides a superb view of the mountains such as Annapurna, fishtail and Manaslu. This short 8-days trek got its name because Prince Charles of England and other 90 people had explored this route in the year 1981. About half an hour drive from Pokhara, this trek starts from Kalikastan; the trail goes through beautiful Gurung villages, hamlets, terraced farms and lush green forests. The trek ends after 4 days of the walk at Begnas Lake; this lake lies about 30 Km from the city of Pokhara.
Royal Trek is also an ideal trek for people who have a short time but want to explore the Himalayas. This is an easy trek with occasional ups and downs. A basic requirement is just basic health condition as the maximum altitude we go is 1730m at Syaglung. Since there are no tea houses in the region we need to do camping trek. In some of the places, there is a facility of homestay but it is better to do camping; as the homestay is new here and very few with very fewer services.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,300 m).
Day 02: Sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (900 m) in a Tourist Bus 6– 7 hrs.
Day 04: Drive to Bijayapur and Trek to Kalikathan (1,370 m) 4- 5 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Shaklung (1,730 m) 3– 4 hrs.
Day 06: Trek to Chisapani (3– 4 hrs).
Day 07: Trek to Begnas and Drive to Pokhara.
Day 08: Drive Back to Kathmandu (1,400 m).
Day 09: Transfer to the International Airport.
Day 01 – Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m)
Our airport representative will be displaying your name outside the airport terminal than You will be then transferred to your respective hotel by our private tourist vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in the Kathmandu Valley
After breakfast, at around 9:00 am your sightseeing trip will start. You will have a private vehicle . Today we will visit some heritage Sites listed below:
Pashupatinath Temple: Pashupatinath Temple is one of the most significant Hindu temples of Lord Shiva in the world, located on the banks of the Bagmati River. Though you are not allowed to go inside the temple as it is strictly for Hindus only, you can clearly see the temple and the activities from the eastern bank of the Bagmati River. It is a square two-tiered pagoda temple built on a single-tier plinth which is famous all over the world.
Boudhanath Stupa: Boudhananath is one of the holiest Buddhist sites in Kathmandu. It was built in the 5th century with four pairs of eyes of Lord Buddha in four cardinal directions keeping an eternal watch over the people and their doings. You will find Buddhist pilgrims from Tibet going round the stupa spinning the prayer wheels.
Patan Durbar Square.
Swyambhunath Stupa (monkey Temple).
Included Meals: Breakfast.
Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (900 m) in a Tourist Bus 6– 7 hrs
Our staff will pick you up from the hotel at 6:30 am to take you to the tourist bus station. The bus to Pokhara leaves at around 7:30 am. A beautiful valley set on the banks of the Phewa Lake, Pokhara is also known for its panoramic views of Annapurna and Machapuchare (shape of fish tail) in the north, Dhaulagiri in the west and Lamjung Himal and Manaslu in the east. It is smaller and much less hectic than Kathmandu, hence providing the perfect starting point for our trek.
Included Meals: Breakfast.
Day 04: Drive to Bijayapur and Trek to Kalikathan (1,370 m) – 4.5 hours
The journey starts in the morning at 8:00 am with a 30-minute road drive that takes us to Bajayapur after which we trek uphill for about 3 to 4 hours through Brahman and Chettri villages. Skyline camp will be set up around the Kalikasthan area.Overnight at a tented camp or Teahouse.
Included Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 05: Trek to Shaklung (1,730 m) – 4 hours The trail continues along the forested ridge top through Thulokot to Mati Thana, where there are a few tea shops and then a moderate climb to Naudanda. Continuing along the ridge to a school at Lipini village, we make a steep but short climb through the forest to the Gurung village of Shuanmklung. Overnight at a tented camp or Teahouse.
Included Meals : Breakfast, lunch and dinner .
Day 06: Trek to Chisopani – 4 hours
The trail drops steeply down the south side of the hill to a large tree, several tea shops and a police check post. This is a trail junction. The Royal Trek route climbs Chisopani winding around back of the hill to the village. A short distance above Chisopani village is a high knoll where there is a small temple. This is the Chisopani Danda or the Chisapani ridge-top. The camp here has splendid mountain views.Overnight at a tented camp or Teahouse.
Included Meal : Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Day 07: Trek to Begnas and Drive to Pokhara
The trail descends along the field for an hour or so, and then descends steeply on the stone step into a small valley near Rupa Tal. We continue for a short distance through the rice field. Then we make a final ascent to the ridge that separates Begnas Tal and Rupa Tal. From the ridge, we descend into the Begnas Bajar and take a 30 minutes drive to Pokhara. Overnight at a hotel.
Included Meal : Breakfast and lunch.
Day 08: Drive Back to Kathmandu (1,400 m) in a Tourist Bus
After breakfast in the morning we will be driving back to Kathmandu . In the evening we will have a farewell dinner in a traditional Nepalese restaurant with cultural performances.
Day 09: Transfer to the International Airport.
Our airport representative will drop you at the international airport in Kathmandu for your flight departure from Nepal.
- Airport Drop and Pick up.
- 3 – Star Category hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara including Breakfast.
- Teahouses/Lodge accommodation during the trek including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Farewell dinner at the end.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu transportation by Tourist bus.
- An experienced English – speaking trekking guide and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers :1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and lodging.
- All necessary paper work and permits (ACAP, Trekking permit).
- All government and applicable Taxes.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs)
- Excess baggage charges
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure,
- early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara(and also in the case of early return from mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips for guides and porters
This list is a guideline to help you pack for your adventure. Also, understand that the items listed below will vary a little according to the season and the trek duration. The weight limit for your luggage is 33 pounds or 15 kg. Remember that your luggage will be carried by your porter but you are required to carry a day-pack (with your valuables or anything important) on your own. We also suggest that you pack only what is necessary.
Important Documents And Items
- Valid passport, 2 extra passport size photos, airline tickets
- Separate photocopies of passport, visa form (easily obtained at Kathmandu airport), proof of insurance
- Dollars, pounds or Euros in cash for purchasing Nepalese visa at Kathmandu airport, for paying for restaurants and hotels, for gratuities, snacks, and to purchase your own drinks and gifts
- Credit cards, Bank/ATM for withdrawing funds from cash machines (bring a photocopy of your cards), traveler’s checks, etc.
- Bandana or headscarf,
- Warm hat that covers your ears (wool or synthetic)
- Headlamp with extra batteries and bulbs
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Prescription sunglasses (if required)
- Polypropylene shirts (1 half sleeve and 2 long sleeves)
- Light and expedition weight thermal tops
- Fleece wind-stopper jacket or pullover
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket
- Gore-Tex jacket with hood, waterproof and breathable
- 1 pair of lightweight poly liner gloves.
- 1 pair of lightweight wool or fleece gloves
- 1 pair of mittens, consists of 1 Gore-Tex over mitt matched with a very warm polar-fleece mitt liner (seasonal)
- Non-cotton underwear briefs
- 1 pair of Hiking shorts
- 1 pair of Hiking trousers
- 1 pair of lightweight thermal bottoms (seasonal)
- 1 pair of fleece or woolen trousers
- 1 pair of waterproof shell pants, breathable fabric
- 2 pairs of thin, lightweight inner socks
- 2 pairs of heavy poly or wool socks
- 1 pair of Hiking boots with spare laces (sturdy soles, water resistant, ankle support, “broken in”)
- 1 pair of trainers or running shoes and/or sandals
- Cotton socks (optional)
- Gaiters (winter only), optional, “low” ankle high version
SleepingRucksack And Travel Bags
- 1 medium rucksack (50-70 liters/3000-4500 cubic inches, can be used for an airplane carryon)
- 1 large duffel bag
- A small daypack/backpack for carrying your valuables, should have good shoulder padding
- Small padlocks for duffel-kit bags
- 2 large waterproof rucksack covers (optional)
- Small, personal first-aid kit.
- Aspirin, first-aid tape, and plasters
- 1 skin-blister repair kit
- Anti-diarrhea pills
- Anti-headache pills
- Cough and/or cold medicine
- Anti-altitude sickness pills: Diamox or Acetylzolamide
- Stomach antibiotic: Ciprofloxacin, etc.
- Water purification tablets or water filter
- 1 medium-sized quick-drying towel
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap (preferably biodegradable)
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Female hygiene products
- Small mirror
- Wet wipes (baby wipes)
- Tissue /toilet roll
- Anti-bacterial handwash
What type of shape do I need to be in, is this trip for me ?
Royal trek is suitable for any Age of people thus no previous experience is required. Some physical fitness programs such as running, swimming, hiking is recommended before you embark on your journey.
Is it possible to reserve a trip now and pay a deposit later or do I Have to pay a deposit at booking/reservation ?
Yes ! The trip will be confirmed only when we receive the completed final booking form and a 30% deposit payment. You can pay the balance of the money when you arrive in Kathmandu.
Will somebody come to pick me up from the airport upon my arrival ?
Yes, our airport representative from himalayan Sanctuary adventure will be there to greet you at the airport. They will be displaying your name outside the arrival terminal than you will be transferred to your hotel for overnight.
What sort of accommodation can I expect in Kathmandu, Pokhara and in trekking ?
We use standard rooms at 2- star Category hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara including Breakfast . Along the trekking routes, teahouses/lodges generally provide basic clean facilities with a mattress and a quilt or blanket. We recommend you to have sleeping bags, it is a good idea to always have your own sleeping equipment. In teahouses, food will be prepared in the kitchen, which you should not enter without permission.
Where do we go to toilet along the trail ?
Wherever possible we utilize the toilet facilities provided by the tea houses/lodges on the trail. However, in case of emergency trekkers are recommended to find a private, scenic spot!
What is the best season for this trekking ?
Our trekking season extends March, April, May and August, September , October, November. By the end of September through to December, the weather is usually stable with mild to warm days, cold nights. February, March, April, May, October, November is the best time .
Is the food in the mountain prepared to international standard in terms of safety ?
Yes, the food is very safe during the trekking but we recommend you to eat vegetarian and local food.
What if I am very sick in the mountain ?
Guides carry local sim cards both Nepal Telecom and Ncell in order to update whereabouts and the situation of every client. During the time of emergency, our guides are alert and keep updated to head office in Kathmandu that is available 24 /7 to arranging from horse to mules or helicopters in the must needed cases especially when the client is seriously sick in the mountain and needed to be hospitalized.
Can I obtain a visa for Nepal upon arrival at the airport ?
Yes, you can obtain a visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 90 days can be obtained by paying the US $ 100. Please bring 2 copies of passport size photos.
How much additional money do I need per day ?
It depends on your spending habits. Generally, in Kathmandu and Pokhara you can allocate USD 10 to USD 15 for a lunch and a dinner. USD 20 to USD 30 per person a day will be enough to buy meals, bottles of water, chocolates, pay for the hot shower and a few drinks during the trekking.
Can I use credit cards in the places I visit in trekking ?
Yes, you can use your Credit Card in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Once you are out of the cities, all you need is cash. Please change the currency in local Nepali Rupees before you go to the mountains
What mode of transportation do you use ?
We provide you only those options, which enhance your local experience while allowing you to travel comfortably and efficiently. We use private Private vehicles for sightseeing, city tours and pickups. Depending on the group size we use cars, minibus, vans, tourist bus to and from Kathmandu/ Pokhara.
Is water provided and is there water for drinking available at higher altitudes ? Is it filtered/boiled ?
Bottled water is easily available at the lodges and tea houses so can buy bottled water at the cost of USD 2 to USD 3 per litter. You can also drink the normal tap or spring water if you bring the purifying aid with you.
|Start Date||End Date||Price in USD||Availability||Booking||Note|
OPEN: This date is available and open for bookings. Go for it!
GUARANTEED: Guaranteed departure. Seat Available.
LIMITED: Guaranteed departure, Limited seat. You can send booking request for availability.
FULL:This date is currently unavailable. Please contact us if you are interested in traveling on this date.